08 November 2009

Beware Of Chang


Three hours after landing I found myself at a bar called Chart on Khaosan Rd. They served up some delicious chicken cashew stir fry and I ordered what was to become the first nail in my coffin, a large Chang beer. Uh. Oh. Each bottle goes down like water, but hits you like a brickhouse. I met up with JD and shortly after a girl from Amsterdam who was sitting at a table next to us joined our table and eventually the 3 of us were pounding Chang like there was no tomorrow, and as far as Chang was concerned there wasn't going to be a tomorrow. We walked to another road parallel to Khaosan and drank more Chang at a bar called fabolouse pasta(or some shit like that) before wandering back to Chart for some more Chang. But at this point I was so retardedly drunk that my memory of the rest of the night is a blur...i have images of partying with some guys from New Zealand and having a drinking contest with some local girls that joined our table, and sharing buckets of iced beer and red bull and rum concoctions, and waking up the next day fully clothed and face down on my bed. Welcome to Bangkok.





No comments:

Post a Comment