07 November 2009

Finally Here

My Air China flight arrived at Suvarnabhumi around noon. I grabbed my bags, went through the foreigner section of customs and then exchanged about $200 to Baht and wandered around the public transit area for about 40min trying to figure out what the hell to do and find that airport shuttle ride for 130B that I was told existed. Ended up just getting in the metered taxi line and getting a taxi to khaosan rd for 290B + the two tolls and airport fee, so 405B was the bill, I didn't tip the guy cause I wasn't sure if I was supposed to and always like the err on the side of cheap asshole in those situations. My room I booked online for the first night was located on the opposite side of Khaosan, so I had to walk thru the gauntlet of trinket people and aggressive suit salesmen with my bags. It is fucking hot here. The road is probably, maybe, a half mile long, if that, and when I got to my room my shirt was drenched in sweat and my eyelids were heavy from the sweat collecting around them. I'm definitely not conditioned for working out here, it's going to be a real nightmare for the first few weeks I bet. I got my room key and dropped my shit off in the closet size room. Now off to get some of that delicious street food I heard so much about.

No comments:

Post a Comment