23 February 2010

Bangkok in 6 hours

Just after 5pm yesterday JD and I were sitting in the lobby of our hotel in Pattaya and he mentioned his buddy's bar in Bangkok was showing a recording of the UFC fights from the night before and I jokingly said, "let's go up and watch it."
"ok", he said
"hmmm, that means we'll have to miss today's gym session...fuck it, let's do it, we can hit up soi cowboy too."

We hire a taxi to pick us up in 40 minutes and rush to our rooms to get ready for the night. The taxi guy and his friend are amazed that we have no luggage, nothing but a plastic bag filled with black sodas(sans nam kang this time around tho).

We show up at the bar around 8 and I'm a little hesitant to walk in as it's the place the bartender worked at who went with me back to pattaya one drunken night in December and I kind of blew her off afterwards...but luckily it was her night off and I didn't have to worry about any awkwardness. After the fights we did the 5 minute walk over to Soi Cowboy.

I hadn't been to Soi Cowboy before and was anxious to see what all the hype was about. Immediately turning on to the street it reminded me of a cute little replica of Walking Street complete with little neon signs flashing above your head and groups of girls in themed outfits beckoning you to visit their gogo. The first place we go to is Tilac. I wanted to go there because I heard that there's a window in the men's restroom above the urinals so you can continue to view the gyrating girls on the platforms while taking your piss. Unfortunately, I haven't conquered my pee shyness yet and since the window was not a one way view I couldn't piss because a couple of the girls were making eye contact with me. So I just stood there pretending to take a piss so they wouldn't know I was pee shy before heading back to my booth, still having to piss.

Next up was Shark bar and one of the girls from out front came in to seat us and I chatted with her for a bit, bought her a drink or two and then JD and I decided to head out to a disco. I was still talking to the hostess so I invited her to go with us. She started naming her ST and LT prices and I jokingly started naming my prices and surprisingly she said, "ok, then neither of us pay. I get off work one hour, I call you." and she whipped out her iphone and we exchanged numbers. JD and I were ready to leave a few minutes later and I decided I'd at least pay her barfine so she could leave work early and go with us to the disco.

We hit the disco and while the hostess and I are dancing next to our table JD is chatting up a stunner a few tables over. 3am we decide to leave and the hostess says, "I go Pattaya with you?"
"Sure honey, let's go."
JD briefly talked to his girl about going with as well, but he decided against it at the last minute, so the 3 of us catch a cab back to pattaya.

Once back in Pattaya my bird and I get some microwave shrimp wonton soup at 7-11 and head up to my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment