19 January 2010

Third Night In Patong aka Ladyboy Bday Party

Third night. JD flys in from Malaysia and I try to explain to him that Patong is no Pattaya. Halfway thru the night he concurs. We are on Bangla and it starts pouring rain, so we huddle with the masses under the tiny overhangs along the sidewalks. We meet a bar owner with an umbrella and he offers to take us to his bar that he just bought for 1mil baht and opened the night before. There are no ladies there, but the guy is entertaining and giving us some solid insight on Thailand nightlife...and comping us every other round of drinks. We end up stumbling out of his bar around 3am and head back to the our hotel on massage row.

We stop at lantern jaw's parlor to say hi to the new girl from the night before. JD and I end up sitting around their table drinking beers with the massage girls. We get up to leave and find out it's the ladyboy's bday and they are going to an after hours club up the hill and ask us to go. We rent a tuk-tuk and head to the club. I pair up with the new girl and JD pairs up with one of the other girls. We drink and dance at the club til about 8am. 9am we are eating across the street and JD decides he wants to bail on his massage chick and takes a motorbike taxi back to the hotel. He scoots by us on the back of the bike yelling, "quickly quickly!" in Thai to the taxi driver as he's waving his arms around.

On the way back to the parlor we walk by a guy washing his elephant.
Anyways...

When we get back to the parlor it's around 10am and lantern jaw opens the cooler and starts cracking beers. The sun is fully up now and the other shop owners are opening their shops and I just can't find it in myself to continue drinking. I actually decline a free beer.

The new girl and I go back to my room and sleep until about 6pm. After our showers the new girl decides it would be funny to yell "Helloooo Massage!" from my window, which is on the second floor and faces half the parlors on massage row. I think it's funny too, but it comes back to bite me later in the evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment