17 December 2009

BKK or bust

5pm. JD and I took a taxi to Bangkok(only $30 for a 120 mile taxi ride) with nothing but a couple daypacks filled with a change of clothes and a plastic bag filled with ice and bottles of black soda.

7pm. We get dropped off in Nana district and watch the UFC fights at the one bar streaming it. The owner d/l's the bit torrents immediately after the fights. Pretty cool setup.

Midnight. I was chatting up the bartender a bit and on the way out I give her my number and tell her to call me when she gets off work if she wants to hang out. JD and I enter a gogo bar schoolboy style (with our backpacks on both shoulders). He immediately buys the ugliest chick in the room a drink. Not sure why he does that in every gogo we hit, but this time it paid off for him cause he got caught by one of the dancers taking a photo of the stage and the snaggletooth chick defends him and gets the dancer to back off. In the meantime, I had called a girl over to chat. I tell her I have no place to stay in Bangkok so can I stay with her. She says she is staying with a friend and brings the friend over to tell her my story. The friend says she'll think about it.

2am. I get a call from the bartender chick, can't hear over the music so run outside to talk to her. She says she'll come to Nana so I give up on trying to get a free room by crashing at the showgirl's house and go grab a cheap hotel room and sit on the curb drinking Chang beer waiting for my bartender. At this point I'm solo as JD met a bird and disappeared with her.

4am. Bartender finally shows up, says sorry she's late, she had to convince her friend that it was ok for her to go meet some strange guy in the middle of the night. I'm trashed from all the curbside Changs. We get to my room and I immediately pass out.

10am. I am happy to find out the bartender is not a 'working girl', but still loves the rodeo.

1pm. We take the skytrain to MDK(the big mall)and watch a movie and eat at a food court where her friend hostesses. JD shows up and takes a liking to the hostess, so we make plans for the 4 of us to meet up at some Thai bar later that night.

10pm. We get to the bar and JD and I are the only 2 Farangs in the whole place. We get lots of stares as if they're saying, "Why are you white fuckers in our bar?!". I think it's cool, JD doesn't. We split a bottle of Johnnie Walker and a plate of fried fish, heads intact.

2am. Bar closes, time to either get a room or take a taxi home. We decide it's cheaper to just get the taxi and convince the girls to go with us back to Pattaya and the 4 of us hop in the taxi back to our rooms 2 hours away.

5am. Finally home, we go to the 7-11 next door and J is exiting. She sees me with the bartender and gives the girl a disgusted once-over. I try to diffuse the situation by introducing the 2 of them. They just give each other dirty looks, mumble hello in Thai, and J walks away.

5:15am. Txt from J, "LOL IM SAD I LIKE U TOO MUCH I DONT KNOW U HAVE GIRL FRIEND"

11am. After some rodeo the bartender and I take my motorbike to Buddha Hill and Jomtien Beach. We immediately get separated from JD and his girl and don't see them until it's time for the girls to take their taxi home.

3pm. Hire the girls a taxi and say bye bye

3:05pm. I txt J, "she not girlfriend, just friend. where r u?"

No comments:

Post a Comment